A Song About Peace On Earth
Pastor Phill preaches this Christmas Sunday (December 25, 2022) on Psalm 65. The 65th sermon in the Psalm series, Psalm 65 paints three poetic pictures of peace. These pictures of peace reveal the portrait of Jesus Christ who not only is a picture of peace but the active internal and external peace that the world can experience today! The Scripture readings from our worship service were from Luke 2:8-20, Isaiah 9:2-7, and 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24.
- What does it look like to be satisfied in the Lord in daily life?
- How does Jesus transform sin and guilt into something beautiful?
- How does Jesus bring peace amidst our sin and broken relationship?
- What does it look like to experience the bliss of God’s presence in daily life?
- How have you or seen others experience His peace amidst the difficulties of life, where it has changed your perspective of how you interact with God?
- What does it look like to show grace to one another, like Christ, when trust is broken?
- How does God give confidence and hope to His people? What are examples in the word?
- What does it look like to have peace and hope in God amidst the war and struggles of this world?
- How is Psalm 65 lived out by Jesus in Mark 4?
- How is God’s character and power demonstrated in Psalm 65?
- What does it look like for us to live out peace as we engage with other people?
- How does Jesus change racism in our hearts? What does it look like to live out in our daily lives?
- How does peace display wholeness?
- What does it look to live in the abundance of God in the midst of life, no matter the circumstance?
- What does the word say the abundance will be in eternal life?
- How is there abundance in the wilderness? What does this psalm say the abundance looks like?
- What does it look like to be generous and giving to those in need around you?
- What does it look like to live out 1 Cor 11?
- What does it look like to share the abundance of the gospel and be generous in sharing our faith?