A Song About the City of God
Guest preacher and pastor Nate Praytor preaches this Sunday (July 24, 2022) on Psalm 46. The big idea this week is in Jesus Christ, God is our refuge in our troubles by making us citizens of the city of God in order that we may behold His saving works and rest in Him. Pastor Nate shows us what is being conveyed in the psalm, how God is our refuge during times in trouble, and why God is our refuge. The transcendent God made Himself present to His people in the flesh: Jesus Christ. God has descended to us so that we can ascend to Him. The Scripture readings from our worship service were from Revelation 22:1-7 and 1 Peter 5:10-11.
- Do we desire a better, a more true world? What do you do with this longing?
- How have you seen God to be a refuge for you and others in your lives?
- How have you seen the transcendent God make Himself present to His people?
- How does God make Himself known and present in trouble?
- How have we in the world through sin have a de-creation of how God made and intended us to be?
- How do we see Jesus being our present help in time of trouble?
- How do we become citizens of the city of God?
- What are the benefits of being part of the city of God?
- What role does the Holy Spirit have in our trouble and bringing His people into His city?
- God asks us to come to Him. What keeps us from coming to God?
- What does God do when we come to Him?
- What do we experience when we come into the presence of God?
- What does it look like to have Jesus be the singular pursuit of our life?