"A Song About Wholehearted Worship"
The Songs of Our Savior
Scripture/Text: Psalm 81:1-16; Psalms 81 teaches us how we ought to respond to God in wholehearted worship and teaches us how to respond to his people. Pastor Phill teaches us this truth by pointing out the three examples this psalm lays out for us in how to worship. Example: (1) We should be cheerful givers, (2) We should sing cheerfully joyfully to the Lord, (3) We should view God's word as a gift.
1. What three ways does this Psalm teach us to respond to God in worship?
2. How do we respond when we are filled with deep sorrow?
3. What are times when you or others did not listen to God? What was the result?
4. How has God delivered His people out of slavery? How has he delivered you out of slavery?
5. In worship, what is God's heart toward his people?
6. How does this psalm point us to Jesus?