Humiliation is the Path to Exaltation
The big idea of this week's sermon is that the pattern of Jesus’ descent and ascent reveals that humiliation is the path to exaltation; it is the path of the Christian life, as seen ultimately in Jesus, and also in the life of the Apostle Paul.
1) What is the end goal of Jesus' ascension? How does knowing this impact us?
2) What role does the Holy Spirit have in Jesus' ascension and what does this mean for us now?
3) What is the difference between unity in the Spirit and uniformity? Why is this difference important?
4) What is the commonality among believers and why is this important?
5) How do we maintain unity in the body? What are some blocks to fostering and maintaining this unity?
6) What are some ways that you can die to yourself in order for more people around you to be pointed to the gospel?