The Gospel, Perfection, and Partnership
Expositing Philippians 3:1-4:23, Pastor Phill’s big idea this week is that perfection is our prize and partnership is our path. The apostle Paul argues that he pursues perfection because Jesus Christ made him his own. From the text, we are taught to imitate Christ, be unified, pray, practice our faith, and be thankful.
1. Have you experienced in your life or heard others talk about where everything in your life did not measure up compared to Christ? How do you or they live in light of this truth?
2. If you have not arrived in righteousness, what is your hope? What does it look like to live in light of this hope?
3. What do you think are the reasons we compare ourselves to each other instead of Christ?
4. How do we strive for perfection?
5. What does it look like to press on and continue in the journey with struggles?
6. How does it impact our lives to focus on the fact that our righteousness is through Christ in our past, present, and future?
7. What makes it essential to dwell on our sinfulness?
8. How would you know whether or not your thinking is restful in who we are in Christ and striving to the goal of Christ?
9. What does it look like to strive and rest in Christ?
10. What is the importance of meeting with other believers to practice and imitate Christ in our regular habits?
11. What is our unity rooted in? how are we to practice this unity regularly?
12. How does prayer impact our growth in our Christian walk?
13. What is the importance of focusing your mind and meditating on things that are pure lovely, commendable, excellent or worthy of praise regularly?
14. What would a person’s life reflect that whether in need or plenty to find all our riches are in Christ and find our strength in Him?