The Healing for Elect Exiles
Embassy member David Marus preaches during our Good Friday service (April 7, 2023) on 1 Peter 2:24-25. The passage shows us our need for healing as human beings. From the text, David explains our illness, our symptom, our diagnosis, and our remedy. In our weakness, we are encouraged to trust in the power of Christ’s wounds.
- Isaiah 52:13-53:3 (1st Scripture Reading)
- Isaiah 53:4-9 (2nd Scripture Reading)
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 (Benediction)
- How do we know from the word that we can find healing? What does this passage and other passages reveal?
- How does this passage reveal what our greatest suffering is?
- How do we know that we are sinners?
- Where in the word does it say what our result of sin is?
- How does Ephesians 2 help us better understand these verses?
- How do we know that Jesus’ wounds on the cross is the cure for sin? How does this passage or other passages show that Jesus is the remedy for our sins?
- How does it impact our lives and daily lives to know that Jesus died and healed us?
- How does Jesus’ death help us with the daily battle of sin?
- How have you seen healing of sin in your life and others’ lives through Jesus’ death?
- How do we get our healing from Jesus?
- How has following Jesus and trusting Jesus changed your life and others’ lives amidst pain?
- How have you seen God’s glory through trusting Him with your life and following Him?
- What does it look like to trust in the power of His wounds?